Monday, April 6, 2015

squishy スクイーズ



Hi guys!! Today I will be talking about squishes!!

What are they? Squishies are little collectable key chain/ mascot that is squishy and it is mostly (more like 100%) made out of foam. This "toy" originated from Japan. I did say that these can be a collectors' item but it can just be like a key chain hung from your backpack. For example, you might be hanging a lego keychain. Squishes can be used just like that; just hung from your backpack. It's really cute, addicting, and soothing so people all around the world like it. In the U.S. you can purchase it online. But in Japan, it is sold in Kawaii shops, stationary shops, gift shops, online,  character stores, department stores, places like Target, and many more.

My connection with squishies I am a squishy collector. This just basically means that I collect squishy keychains. I would consider myself a serious squishy lover/ collector, although they can be expensive so I always try to buy them in the cheapest way. I have lots of rare squishes in my collection because I think that collecting the common squishies, usually made with a low quality, is not worth my money. But the ones made for a Japanese company like Sanrio is 100% cute and good quality. Besides being a squishy collector, I own a squishy instagram account just for squishies. There is even a squishy community on ig and YT. It's @squisharoon so go check it out! I don't make squishy YT videos but I do watch a lot of it. I think I waste so much time doing it ^ U ^. Whatever...

If you want to be a squishy collector, read this: So, there are squishies right?? But there is more to that. There are common and rare squishies. As you can tell from the word, common is common, rare is rare. And the rarer squishies are usually...

  • more expensive than common squishes
  • licensed ex: Sanrio, Nic, ect.
  • better quality
  • cute (character squishy)
Also, if you are a serious collector, you will...

  • keep the tag on the squishy
  • keep it in the ORIGINAL packaging
  • won't squishy it like crazy 
Defects are your enemy. Defects are cracks, discoloration. rips, and other imperfect things on your squishy. When you sell it, it will lower the price and make it bad.

At last, the best ways to get an idea of what kind of squishies there are, are is rare and what is common, and other important things to know, it is the best to go to a squishy shop (online). Another way is to take a look at the squishy community.


good squishy websites/ shop: these two are the "basic" ones.





7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 私はそれは素晴らしいことだと思う!

      Delete
  2. Nice post! Could you display your squishy collection? I would love to see that?
    -Interwebber ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUISHIES!!! スクイーズ!!! 私は大好きですスクイーズ!!! あなたは今まで私のお気に入りのブロガーです!日本永遠に!#madeinjapan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I will gladly be showing my squishy collection!!!!! I will be posting more squishy things on this blog!!

      Delete
    2. 同意する!あなたは誰、ブログキープ!

      Delete
  4. 私はちょうどあなたがこれまで最高のブロガーの1であることを言いたい。あなたが読んで、本当に楽しいですかわいいコンテンツを持っている!あなたのブログの記事は、フワフワの収集を開始するために私にインスピレーションを与えてきました!ところで、あなたは実際に風船と小麦粉を使用した自家製のフワフワすることができます!

    ReplyDelete